Race Recaps

Friday, July 18, 2014

Wounded Warrior Project

I decided against Team in Training for now. Originally I wanted to do TNT for a sprint triathlon, however, they were not offering on this calendar year. I chose to table the idea until 2015 and find another charity to run for. 




The military has always held a special place in my heart so Wounded Warrior Project came as an obvious choice. I spent a very short amount of time in a wheelchair and have new found appreciation for those with physical disabilities. These veterans need our help. The mission of WWP from the Wounded Warrior Project website:

  • raises awareness and enlists the public's aid for the needs of injured service members 
  • helps injured service members aid and assist each other
  • provides unique, direct programs and service to meet the needs of injured service members

In September I will be running my first half marathon (Rock n Roll in Philly) back from being hit by a car. I am fortunate enough to be able to recover and be able to compete in this race. Some others are not as fortune and need our help. As I train, I am trying to raise $500 for WWP. Please consider any amount for each dollar makes a difference. 



Thank you in advance!








.

No comments:

Post a Comment