Race Recaps

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Half way there!

Today marks my first race missed. I would have completed the Enchanted 10k this morning and started preparing for the Disney Princess Half Marathon. The Glass Slipper Challenge would have been a really good test for me and a first step towards mentally preparing for a marathon. I have been really positive throughout this experience, but missed race days might be my weakness. I will be avoiding Instagram (@ladylionrunner) for sure this weekend.

(Glass Slipper Challenge medals I would have earned- image from runDisney)

On a more positive note, tomorrow registration opens for the Marine Corps Marathon lottery. My goal for 2014 is to be able to complete this race. It might be a bit ambitious considering I'm sitting in a wheelchair right now, but I have more determination than ever!

Today also marks the end of three weeks. The doctor said 6 to 8 weeks so it potentially means I’m halfway to healing the bone! I started PT this week to help keep as much muscle as possible. I worked on range of motion exercises and stretching out the hip. I already feel a difference and it feels amazing. When laying down, I can slowly bring my leg up and bend my knee. I feel incredibly tight so any stretching or movement is really needed. The PT also said once the doctor gives the ok I can work on running in the pool. Looks like I’ll be in the market for an exercise bathing suit. I considered training for triathlons after all my races for 2014 so I will still be able to use the bathing suit after PT is over. Any recommendations on what type?

1 comment:

  1. Easily Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete