Race Recaps

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Blog posts are slightly irregular since there is not much to report while I am still healing. I’m at 4 ½ weeks into the 6 to 8 weeks. PT has been really helping. Yesterday while laying down I was able to move my leg to the right and back. It was a huge accomplishment since previously I could barely move it to the side without any pain. My muscles definitely feel sore from being used. My foot is still sensitive. I rarely if ever put a shoe on. It still looks a couple of shades darker than my good side.

(sorry, not the most attractive feet!)

It is a weird feeling but I can tell the bones are getting better. Coughing does not hurt (although I can still feel it in my hip). My pelvic bone doesn’t have any pain when getting up and down. It does not hurt as much to flip onto my stomach to sleep. I still feel like I’m sitting on something so there are definitely a couple of weeks to go. It just gives me some hope that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I was able to go back to work for a couple of hours. It felt great to get out of the house and get some sense of normalcy. Unfortunately working a full 10 hours a day does not seem possible yet. My back muscles get sore after a few hours. I wish I knew how long that phase would last…

With everything going on I hope to do the DUI Victims Memorial 10k in May. I feel after my experience it is important to do.  I highly suggest doing a run for charity. It is a different kind of motivation.

find more info at http://padui.org/

Counting down the days until I get back to running!

1 comment: