Race Recaps

Monday, March 17, 2014

Taking baby steps (literally)

Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed! Today was the big day. I had my six week checkup with my orthopedist doctor. After a few x-rays, he confirmed that new bone had formed and I was cleared for weight bearing on my right leg. I am suppose to ease into putting more and more weight on my leg, but this is a huge first step. The healing phase was a long one, but now I can focus on walking again. I am not cleared for running or anything with impact for awhile, however, I can start walking and exercising. 

Once I was at home, I started putting *some* weight on my leg. I put half my weight once to make sure I did not have any sharp pains in my hip (something the doctor said to look out for). For now I am using the crutches to slowly start putting more and more weight on that leg. My foot is very tingly and sensitive, but with more movement and less swelling I imagine that will go away soon. 



I am not afraid of working hard or being sore. Hopefully the PT will push me as hard as she can that is still safe. Ready to start phase two of my recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment