Race Recaps

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Back to reality

I have been a little lax on writing posts because I was lucky enough to tag along to the Dominican Republic last week as part of my husband's work trip. In my head, it was my redo of my Cancun. I missed three days of vacation because I was hit by a car so my goal for this trip was simply to relax.




While it was nice to relax and get some sun, it got me out of my recovery routine. There was no fitness center and no sidewalks outside of the hotel. The driving laws seem quite liberal there so it definitely was not safe enough to go for a walk on the side of the road. Since the beach was small, I was only able to do a short beach walk and some basic exercises. The extra standing and stairs while using flip flops seemed to hurt my knees and calves. They were sore by the end of the day almost every day. This is a good reminder that supportive running shoes need to be my go to shoe for awhile.


Speaking of running shoes… thinking about getting another pair of Nike Pegasus 30s. I really like either the yellow and gray or the coral and gray. 
                           
(source: Amazon)

I have an obsession with gray right now so all of my running gear has been oriented to match gray. I also just bought another pair of capris by Under Armour that are a darker gray. Thinking they’ll go nicely with a coral tank by Oiselle (on my birthday list!).

This weekend will be my first race post-injury. I was supposed to run the New Jersey Half Marathon, but instead downgraded to walking the second half of the relay (6.4 miles). The most I have walked so far is 4.63. I felt fine doing it, but I'm quite nervous that I am ill prepared. There are a number of things that can go wrong- my hip could act up, my knees/lower legs could get sore, I could be too slow to meet the minimum time... One positive: the weather should be ideal- about 50 degrees. The course also should be scenic. I do love the beach :)



Three more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment